Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Dengue Dilemma


I am feeling some symptoms of Dengue Fever. It starts out as burning, sensitive skin, like an invisible sunburn. If it is the Dengue, then it wil be followed by a fever, then an few days of extremely itchy hands and feet and then general weakness for about a week. 

Dengue is a tropical desease carried by mosquitos. There is no treatment for it other than rest and not getting dehydrated. Tina justmade me a berry smoothie, so I am glad she is keeping an eye on me. 

I don't expect it to be full blown Dengue, that involves internal bleeding and is called "Break Bone Fever" but the Dengue does leave you very tired for a week after you get it. I just read an article that said it was "Seldom fatal," so I suppose that should cheer me up.

Anyway, please keep us in prayer. My frustration isn't in just being sick, but not being able to do all the things that need doing.

No comments: